U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is the U.S. government initiative to help save the lives of those suffering from HIV/AIDS around the world. The PEPFAR Dashboard enables users to examine, research, and track the aid investments of PEPFAR in a standard and easy-to-understand format. The planned data in the PEPFAR Dashboard comes from the approved PEPFAR Country/Region Operational Plans each year.
There are some key differences between the information provided on ForeignAssistance.gov and the PEPFAR Dashboard.
Types of Data
- ForeignAssistance.gov will incorporate all U.S. government foreign assistance budget, financial, and qualitative data.
- This includes PEPFAR data that is submitted directly by implementing agencies.
- The planned data on the PEPFAR Dashboard includes budget data available on ForeignAssistance.gov plus more granular budget data by program areas and implementing agencies.
Updates to the Data
- ForeignAssistance.gov’s planning data is updated after the end of the Fiscal Year to reflect changes to the initial appropriation.
- The data on the PEPFAR Dashboard represents approved initial allocations of designated country funds for HIV/AIDS, and is not updated to represent the actual allocation.
- ForeignAssistance.gov includes country and headquarters’ funds.
- The PEPFAR Dashboard includes only country planning data.